Monday, June 11, 2012

The 102nd Dipsea Race

I love photographing the Dipsea, a 7.5-mile cross county race in Marin County that starts in downtown Mill Valley, goes up and over Mount Tamalpais and ends up in Stinson Beach.  
I've covered this race before for the Marin IJ, and this year I covered the start line which I love to do...
There is so much happening, there are the friendly introductions of the racers who have finished in first before...
And there are the staggered start times which make it easier to photograph the start.
As part of the team coverage I covered the start of the race, through Old Mill Park...
And then up the legendary Dipsea Steps....
Which seem to never end.
You can see more of my photographs and the rest of the Marin IJ coverage of the Dipsea event at the newspaper's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment