Monday, June 25, 2012

New Edition in Concert in Oakland

I was excited last week cause my friend, music and food writer extraordinaire Tamara Palmer called me up last week with a juicy assignment:  photographing New Edition on their nationwide tour.
Now you have to understand: I love New Edition.  They were my favorite band growing up.
And in particular I always thought Bobby Brown was just...cool.
So to photograph them on their 29th anniversary reunion tour was a special treat for me.
And it was awesome because with Johnny Gill and Bobby Brown both there all six members of New Edition were on stage.
And the amazing crowd (of people all my age) ate it up!
The opener was Tony! Toni! Toné!, which was beset by sound problems and only played two songs.
But that didn't stop New Edition.  The ultimate professionals they've been bringing it for 29 years.
And on Saturday night they didn't disappoint.


You can read the Tamara Palmer's review of the concert on the SF Weekly website.

No comments:

Post a Comment